- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus Maps & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- Winter Intake 2015 programs ...
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Program Home
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Library and Information Technician
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Child and Youth Worker
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Native Child and Family Services
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- GIS Applications Specialist Program
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Dental Care & Administration
- Leadership in Patient Support and Administration
- Nursing Specialization - Critical Care Nursing & Administration
- Critical Care Nursing
- Dental Assisting (Levels I and II)
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Radiation Technology
- Personal Support Worker
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Pre-Technology (Electrical)
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Distance Education
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Winter Academy
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- Apprenticeship Training
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- Banner Self Serve Application
- College Information System
- Co-operative Education
- Continuing Education
- Disability Services & Accommodations
- Distance Education
- Independent Courses
- Ombuds Office
- Registration Services
- Student Handbook
- Student Success Centre
- Tutoring Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- Academic Services
- Media Releases
- Contact Us
Alumni Services provides benefits to our Alumni, organizes special events and assists at Convocation.
Hire Education Career & Job Fair
Confederation College Alumni Services, the Student Union and Northwest Employment Works (NEW) recently joined forces to help connect employers to students and alumni by bringing a Career and Job Fair to campus. On February 4, the Hire Education Career & Job Fair featured over 40 employers who were looking to hire and offered customized resume advice from employment advisors at NEW.
Investors Group was one of the exhibitors and Donna Yocom, Regional Director of Thunder Bay-Superior East, noted that they have hired many Confederation alumni across the region from multiple programs over the years.
“Confederation College graduates are more hands-on and understand the challenges and benefits of living in the north which gives them valuable insight into what the citizens of our region want. Graduates are committed to having a successful career and are committed to giving back to their communities. Those are the kind of people we want working for our team.”
Beyond the booths, visitors had the opportunity to get the inside track on what employers are looking for by attending a panel discussion featuring college alumni, now Human Resource professionals, from OPTIONS northwest, Tbaytel and Thunder Bay Hydro.
Anita Storeshaw, Human Resources Coordinator for OPTIONS northwest, participated because she sees the value of a Confederation College education from both sides; as an alumna and as an employer.
“I credit Confederation College with having helped to launch my career. Confederation’s graduates do a lot of job-specific training within their programs which saves time during employee orientation. We’ve hired many alumni over the years. Today, at least half of our staff come from the College.”
As an employer, Anita appreciates that Confederation graduates have the experience and the knowledge needed to care for the people they support at the level expected by OPTIONS.
Exposing students and alumni to the keys to success for getting noticed while job searching was keynote speaker, Lauren Friese of TalentEgg.ca. TalentEgg is Canada’s most popular online career resource for students and recent graduates.
“When you graduate, you are one of thousands of clones on paper – that’s what you look like to an employer. The best way to set yourself apart is to be resourceful, be creative and to hustle. Doing those things will be the difference between letting your career happen to you and being in control of your own career.”
One student ready to take control of her career is Danielle Mauro, who is finishing her last semester in the Business – Marketing program at Confederation and looking to land her first job.
“I feel well prepared for the ‘real world’ through my experience at the College, but today really helped me get specific insights into what local employers are looking for and what I can do to increase my chances of getting a job.”
Thank you to all of our employers, speakers, students and alumni who took part in the Hire Education Career & Job Fair. We are happy to report that it was a huge success with high attendance and plenty of learning, networking and job hunting taking place.
We look forward to seeing you all again next year! If you are interested in participating in next year’s Fair, contact email@example.com
Tell us what you think
Do you have ideas of your own about what you would like to see Alumni Services bring to the membership? We would love to hear from you!
Telephone: (807) 475-6460
Toll-Free: 1 800 465-5493 (in ON and MB)
Our Alumni Program is designed to make our graduates always feel connected and welcome at Confederation College, even after their student days are over. Events are one way. Events are in the works and you can read about them in future editions of this new quarterly newsletter.
Another way is by wearing an Alumni Pin. During the past year, we’ve been giving them to alumni at the President’s Breakfast, company coffee break events, and other alumni gatherings. The card attached says it all – we hope you wear this pin with pride and stay connected to Confederation College.
That sums up what “alumni” means to me: the pride and the awareness of belonging to something bigger. The Alumni Pin is a nice reminder of that. If you haven’t gotten yours already, contact me and I’ll update your information and send you out your own personal Alumni Pin.
Confederation College Alumni Services strives to work in partnership with past, present and future students by providing ongoing representation and service to current students and graduates. We continually work to instill a sense of pride among graduates and the community while continuing to grow and develop. Help us stay connected to you. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebook or contact us by email. We would love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to ensure your contact information is up-to-date so we can keep you in the loop about all the exciting things happening at Confederation College.
Tell Us What You’re Up To ...