- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
Confederation College Launches Float Plane Training at Quetico College School - Eva Lake
Float Plane Training Completed for the 2013 Season
Float plane training operations are complete for the 2013 season. We would like to thank our hosts at Quetico for their hospitality. We would also like to acknowledge and thank the community in and around Eva Lake for the dialogue and cooperation.
Note: The closing date for the proposal/RFP for float plane training has been extended to September 5th, 2013 at 2:00:00pm (local time).
Confederation College has extended the date for questions to be submitted to August 28.
All questions must still be submitted to the Purchasing Officer, all contact information can be found in the RFP document.
We would like to thank those that attended our BBQ and information session this past Saturday (August 10). The discussion was very good and we were encouraged to hear that many of the initiatives we cooperatively put in place this past summer helped to mitigate some of the original concerns. We will continue to keep the lines of communication open and active as we near the end of the training season.
To that end, and as identified at the meeting, due to weather and a number of factors, we will be extending the float plane training through the month of September. To facilitate the completion of said training we do require that we operate full weekends, including Sundays. The weekend operation will not begin until September 3, following the Labour Day weekend.
Again thank you to those who attended and thank you to Mike for his hospitality.
Gail Murdock, Vice President Academic
Invitation: Barbecue & Information Session - Aug. 10th
Float Plane Training Facility - Quetico College School - Eva Lake
As part of Confederation College’s ongoing commitment to keeping you informed about our float plane training operations, we would like to cordially invite the Cottagers of Eva Lake to a barbecue and information session:
Date & Time: August 10, 2013, Noon – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Quetico College School
A very late ice melt and continuing bad weather has created a backlog in flying hours for the float plane program students. This has necessitated an extension of our time at Eva Lake to the end of September. Through the month of September we will continue to honour the flying hours limitations we put in place in June. We want to once again thank the residents of Eva Lake for their understanding and patience.
As you are aware, Confederation College has relocated its float plane training operation to Eva Lake this summer. We are aware of concerns expressed by cottagers and residents and have attempted to mitigate some of these concerns through operational changes. Download the Open Letter to Cottagers of Eva Lake and Community of Atikokan for more information (PDF)
(7/2/13) As we enter into the busiest part of the summer season, we want to remind everyone to keep up the ongoing dialogue. Please make us aware of any specific operational concerns you may have or incidents you would like to discuss.
We have archived the Q&A thus far however you can access it by clicking Q & A Archive. The link for additional Q&A is active at Submit a New Question (or Comment) and finally we continue to ask persons to join our registry by going to Register for "News Updates"
Register ... if you would like to be kept up-to-date via e-mail with any new information and updates regarding this new project.