- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- Winter Intake 2015 programs ...
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Library and Information Technician
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Child and Youth Worker
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Native Child and Family Services
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- GIS Applications Specialist & Cartographic Specialist Programs
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- Pre-Technology (Electrical)
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Winter Academy
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Student Accessibility Services
- Banner Self Serve Application
- Co-operative Education
- College Information System
- Continuing Education
- Disability Services & Accommodations
- Distance Education
- Independent Courses
- Ombuds Office
- Registration Services
- Student Handbook
- Testing Centre
- Tutoring Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- Academic Services
- In The News
- Contact Us
Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Full-Time Program Code: 0116
Apply today at: www.ontariocolleges.ca
For details please contact Eric Weller, Program Coordinator at (807) 473-3759, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Admissions at (807) 475-6213.
13 Reasons Why We Think We're Canada's BEST Film Production Program:
1. You get to make YOUR OWN films right away in first semester. Every student will make up to 5 films, plus docs, commercials, music videos and more.. We are not an expensive private school, we are Ontario’s ONLY 2-year diploma film program.
2. We DO NOT use digital SLR cameras. You will shoot on REAL MOTION PICTURE FILM in first year using Bolex and Arriflex film cameras, and in second year shoot on Panasonic AF-100’s, Arri Super 16mm SR2’s and our new ARRIFLEX ALEXA. The Alexa was used to shoot Hollywood films such as Gravity, World War Z, Wolf of Wall Street, and was used by nearly every single Cinematography, Directing, and Best Picture nominee for the 2014 Oscars.
3. WE pay for your film and processing plus WE own all of our film equipment - no need to rent any equipment to shoot. At other schools you might have to pay a lot of extra money.
4. We are a 2-year program and as such we are among the least expensive film programs in Canada. For the latest information on tuition fees and other costs, please go to http://www.confederationc.on.ca/film/fees. We are one of the least expensive, yet have the most ‘stuff’ and make the most films by far. We even have a full size production vehicle for you and your crew to head out to locations with. We pay for the gas and insurance too.
5. You have 24hours, 7days a week access to our facility and equipment. We also have a dedicated COLOUR Room with a 63 inch 4K screen for adding FX to alter the ‘Look’ of your film with Davinci Resolve.
6. We own professional lenses, lighting gear, dollies, tripods, jib arms, and camera equipment! We have more cameras, grip equipment, and post production resources than just about any other film program anywhere, and probably the best ‘equipment to student ratio’ in Canada. Take the virtual tour!
7. We have 50 editing workstations and five separate professional private editing suites for editing, surround mixing, FX, colour grading and much more.
8. You’ll get HANDS-ON training. Learn by doing! Write, plan,shoot, direct, edit, mix, deliver! Do it again and again. You’ll make 4 or 5 films.
9. The Confederation College Film Program likely produces as many or more FILMS in one year than all the other film schools in Canada combined! And that’s not including documentaries, commercials, music videos, etc… easily over 150 films every year.
10. FILM NIGHT - at the end of the school year, all of the films are showcased to the entire community on the big screen at the local Silver City Cineplex. Imagine seeing YOUR film on the big screen with big sound for a large enthusiastic crowd. Most filmmakers will never get to see their film on the big screen like that.
11. Simple application process: no essays to write, no interviews, no portfolios needed. Just apply!
12. Make lasting friendships and become part of a culture that encourages your individual creativity.
13. Class Trip to Toronto! In the fourth semester the entire second year class heads to Toronto for a week. We’ll pay for your hotel! We will explore the industry, make contacts, do some networking, and meet some of our many grads working in the business.
WATCH OUR FILMS ... www.conflix.com