- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus Maps & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- Winter Intake 2016 programs ...
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Library and Information Technician
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Administration & Mental Health Practice
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Autism and Behavioural Sciences
- Child and Youth Care
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Native Child and Family Services
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Computer Programmer
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- GIS Applications Specialist Program
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Dental Care & Administration
- Diabetes Education
- Leadership for Healthcare Professionals
- Leadership in Patient Support and Administration
- Nursing Specialization - Critical Care Nursing & Administration
- Critical Care Nursing
- Dental Assisting (Levels I and II)
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Radiation Technology
- Personal Support Worker
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Pre-Technology (Electrical)
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Distance Education
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Winter Academy
- English Language Programs
- Regional Skills Competition
- Apprenticeship Training
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- Banner Self Serve Application
- College Information System
- Co-operative Education
- Continuing Education
- Disability Services & Accommodations
- Independent Courses
- Ombuds Office
- Registration Services
- Student Handbook
- Student Success Centre
- Tutoring Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- Alumni Services Department
- Children and Family Centre
- Financial Aid
- Fitness Centre
- Food Services (Sodexo)
- Health Centre
- Northwest Employment Works
- Oshki-Anishnawbeg Student Association
- Public Safety
- Student Success Centre
- Training & Development
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- Academic Services
- Media Releases
- Contact Us
Fitness Programs Winter 2016
12 week sessions beginning Monday, January 11th to April 1st, 2016
Lunch Fitness M-W-F 12:00-1:00 PM $160 Ellie
Gentle Yoga TH 12:00-1:00 PM $120 Shannon Benn-Harris
Happy Hour M,W,F 5:00-6:00 PM $160 Anne Parr
Total Fitness M-W 7:30-8:30 PM Contact Anne Parr 577-9620
Spin & Circuit Combo T or TH 6:00-7:00 PM $80 Kayla Dixon
Bootcamp Class M or W 6:00-7:00 PM $60 Helena Billard
Zumba F 5:00-6:00 PM $50 Maddie
All Levels Yoga W 5:00-6:00 PM $120 Shannon Benn-Harris
Pick-up Basketball Tuesdays 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Volleyball Club Sundays 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Badminton Club Saturdays 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
CanfitPro Fitness Instructor Specialist Certification Course!
To register, call Anne Parr at 577-9620 or visit www.canfitpro.com
For more information, call 475-6398
PARKING LOT - Dec 7/15 Update
Our Residence partner filled the potholes last week and they are done with the site work for the season.
Facilities will monitor the site until freeze-up and fill potholes as required. You have the continuing option of parking in the Green lots until this situation is resolved next year.
It is unfortunate that the lot could not have been completed properly this year. We do appreciate everyone¹s patience during this time.
Men's Steam Room
A short-term fix has been performed on the steam room with further permanent maintenance to take place later this week.
ATTENTION ALL USERS
Again this year we will be hosting Community/Student Volleyball Leagues and Tournaments. This will require the closing of the Tennis & Basketball/Badminton Courts at various times throughout the year.
The Tennis Courts will be closed Monday evenings from 6-10pm and the Tennis & Hardwood Courts will be closed Wednesday evenings from 5-11pm starting September 2, 2015 through April 30th, 2016 for regular scheduled League play. We are also proud to again support the Lakehead District School Board Elementary Volleyball Tournaments. These dates typically occur throughout November and December and are now confirmed for Nov. 10,12,18,19,24 ; Dec. 1,2,3,9,15 and as a result, the Bubble Infield will be closed from 6am-5pm those days.
Sometimes throughout the year it is necessary to close the Bubble Infield for bookings and special events that occur. We will post these dates on the monthly wall calendar in the hall and the website in order to provide as much advance notice as possible. As stated in the fitness Centre Policy, " The Fitness Centre retains the right to schedule any, or all of the facilities for special events, programs or activities." We understand that this may present some inconvenience to Court Users, but remind patrons that as a Fitness Centre Membership holder, you are entitled to access all areas of the facility.
Thank you for your understanding.
Fitness Centre Staff
Women's Change Room Heating (Oct 1/2015)
We have ordered a separate ceiling mounted heater for the women's change room. Installation is expected by the Thanksgiving weekend.
Wifi (Sept 30/2015)
New College wireless access points are now up and running at the Fitness Centre entrance, and cardio area on the 2nd floor.
Parking Lot Update (Sept 29/2015)
Regular users of the Fitness Centre will undoubtedly have noticed that our residence partner's construction subcontratctors are still working on site. They are completing site service utilities work, in addition to a number of landscaping and clean up activities. The College continues to be committed to the complete repaving of this parking area but these delays, and the general work queue in repaving work in the city is becoming an issue. Facilities services is working with Campus Development Corp to get this work done, but not at all costs nor at sacrificing quality. When definitive plans/dates are known they will be posted.
Sept 8/2015 News
Following is a brief update on a number of items of interest specific to our community members.
- The Spruce and Cedar residences adjacent to the Bubble are ready for student occupancy, but our construction partners have had difficulty securing a paving contractor to complete the work on the parking lot. We anticipate the parking lot to be completed towards the end of September.
The most current information will be posted at the check in desk, on our website (www.confederationc.on.ca/fitnesscentre) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ConfederationCollegeFitnessCentre).
- The Fitness Centre is hosting an appreciation BBQ for our community members - Wed Sept 16, 6pm – 8pm at the Fitness Centre. (NOTE: You may have received an email invitiation, that mistakenly had the date as Sept 15). Come meet the staff and have a chance to informally hear about plans for the future Wellness Centre. We want to thank you for your commitment to the facility, participating in our members’ survey, and for your patience during the construction at the adjacent residence buildings and parking lot.
Please RSVP by Sept 13 in person at the check in desk or electronically at www.eventbrite.com/e/confederation-college-fitness-centre-community-members-bbq-tickets-18423089958.
- Thanks for your thoughtful responses to our community members’ survey. Some of you took great efforts in explaining your thoughts and suggestions. It is very much appreciated. It appears that there is much in common between yourselves and our students:
- a sauna is preferred over a steam room,
- traditional electrically powered, programmable cardio machines are preferred,
- a view of the outdoors is preferred by a 2 to 1 margin over TV viewing while exercising.
These factors will be considered by our architects in the design of our new Wellness Centre, in addition to the many other suggestions made.
I also would like to introduce myself – Paul Inkila – as the College administrator now responsible for the Fitness Centre. For those of you who do not know me, I am an avid sportsman, having coached, trained and participated in many sports. Most likely you’ll find me on the local XC ski trails, but I do various other activities through the non-snow months.
I am very much looking forward to accommodating as many of the priorities of both yourselves, and our student population as we transition over the next two years to a new Wellness facility. It is definitely exciting times ahead. See you at the BBQ!
Phone: (807) 475-6398
Fitness Centre - New Hours of Operation
Dear Fitness Centre Members,
Please be advised that after careful consideration, and in response to limited use of the facility at early morning and late night hours, Confederation College will be changing its hours of operation this fall to the following:
? Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
? Wednesday – 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
? Friday – 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
? Saturday & Sunday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The decision to reduce hours was difficult, but necessary. As with many organizations, we continue to face fiscal restraints that impact our operations. With the exception of towel and locker service fees, membership rates have not changed since 2007. With these facts in mind, rather than increase member fees to cover rising costs, it was decided to alter the operating hours. We are confident that all of our options have been properly considered and that our decision will provide the best level of service for our membership.
We always welcome feedback from our members. If you have any comments or questions regarding this decision, please feel free to contact us.
We also want to remind you that we are currently in the design-build stage of developing a new Student Wellness Centre. This process will include a comprehensive review of operations to ensure we maintain quality service for our members. Updates regarding the new facility, and opportunities for you to ask questions and provide feedback, can be found at www.confederationc.on.ca/wellnesscentre.
Thank you for your continued support.
Phone: (807) 475-6398
Residence Construction Ramps Up
(July, 9 2015) -
Work continues on the construction of Spruce House and Cedar House - the two new residence units located adjacent to the Fitness Centre bubble...
Although there is still much work to be completed before the opening in September, Brian Freeman (VP Campus Living Centres) advises that the construction of these units is always a "sprint to the finish". He has confidence that Residence will be ready for occupancy as expected.
On a related note, use of the A lot for parking has been finalized. This parking location will be repaved and integrated with the roadway to the new residence. Parking will require use of a red parking pass in September. The lot will be monitored with regular patrols by our parking enforcement officers. Red passes will be provided to Fitness Centre community members with 50 spots available and 32 Red passes will be available for sale only to residents of Spruce and Tamarack houses.
Until further notice, Fitness Centre members must continue to park in the GREEN lots
Fitness Centre Staff
The Fitness Centre - Get Active ... Get Fit ... Have FUN!
Get it ALL ... at The Fitness Centre!
Check out all the many fitness options found in the left menu.