- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- GIS Applications Specialist & Cartographic Specialist Programs
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Fall Academy
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
July 7, 2014
The Air Dome (Bubble) area of the Fitness Centre has reopened.
Thank you for your patience.
July 6, 2014
Please be advised the
Air Dome (Bubble) area
is closed due to water.
The remainder of the facility is still open to the public.
We expect to resume normal operation of the Bubble in the morning.
In the event of severe weather overnight, please check this website for updates.
Notice to Members
The Men's Shower and Drying area will be closed beginning Sunday June 22nd for approximately 2 weeks for replacement of flooring. The Men's Steam Room will also be closed during this time but may remain closed until maintenance issues are resloved.
Thank you for your patience while we make facility improvements/repairs.
** Notice to members**
The Steam Room is temporarily closed until further notice.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
May 5, 2014
Dear Fitness Centre Members,
Thank you for expressing your concerns surrounding the changes to the operating hours at the Fitness Centre. We do value your opinion and wish to explain our rationale.
Recognizing that the Centre’s membership is comprised of both Confederation College students and community members, we considered what summer hours would best accommodate the majority of our users. To assist with this decision, the operating hours of similar facilities were examined and it was determined that 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. operations is the accepted standard for weekdays. This time frame affords members the opportunity to work out before work and/or in the evening once the summer weather has cooled down.
The decision to reduce hours in the summer was difficult, but necessary. We experience a significant reduction in usage with our students off-campus for the season. In addition, as with many organizations, we continue to face fiscal restraints that impact our operations. With the exception of towel and locker service fees, membership rates have not changed since 2007. With these facts in mind, rather than increase member fees to cover rising costs, we have chosen to alter our summer hours.
We always welcome feedback from our users and appreciate your passion for our Fitness Centre. We are confident that all of our options have been properly considered and that our decision will provide the best level of service for our membership.
If you have any additional questions regarding this decision, please feel free to contact us.
Director, Ancillary & Financial Services
posted March 24, 2014
Fitness Centre Memorandum
To Our Fitness Centre Members
Spring is on its way and we wanted to share some changes and improvements that will be taking place this spring and summer.
The Wellness and the Spartan rooms are now open and if you need tips on how to use the equipment there are instructions sheets available at the front desk.
Summer hours of operation begin May 1st and will be as follows:
Monday to Thursday 6:00 am. to 10:00 pm.; Friday 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.; and Weekends 8:00 am. to 6:00 pm.
The annual Confederation College Electrical Campus Wide Shutdown will take place on Saturday May 31st and Sunday June 1st. The Fitness Centre is included in the shutdown and will reopen on Monday June 2nd, 2014.
The College Grounds will be the location for the 2014 Shelter House Relay. Set up for the event will begin on Friday June 6th in the morning, with the event going on throughout the weekend. We wish them great success this year in their new location.
This year the Fitness Centre Family Fun Run and the Kid's Sports/Activity Camps will be cancelled.
There is going to be some building renovations/improvements taking place this summer and we will announce the dates once they are finalized. The first renovation will take place in the men’s shower area, which will result in this area being closed for approximately two weeks. The second renovation is replacement of ceiling tiles in Room 201, 204 and the Nautilus/Trotter rooms. Each of these areas will be closed for a 3 day period. Once we have completed arrangements with the contractors and dates have been confirmed there will be another communication shared with our students and members.
Fitness Centre Staff
$99.00 + HST ( access to all areas)
Sale starts May 5th ( membership expires Aug. 31st )
The Fitness Centre - Get Active ... Get Fit ... Have FUN!
Get it ALL ... at The Fitness Centre!
Check out all the many fitness options found in the left menu.
Weekly Club Events:
Basketball CLUB ~ Tuesdays - 6-8pm
BADMINTON CLUB ~ SATURDAYS - 1- 3PM
VOLLEYBALL CLUB ~ SUNDAYS - 9- 11AM
- Drop by the Fitness Centre and work your stress away, or try out a class or two!