- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
Our philosophy All of the costs of operating our parking lots (snow clearing, painting, lighting, repairs,etc.) are shared by those who park on our property. We fund everything through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking meter revenue.
All vehicles parked on College property require a valid parking permit – either a day pass purchased at an entry dispenser, a longer term permit, or “money in the meter”.
What's New 2013-2014
- Long term parking permits are ordered and purchased online. Log in to the College Portal and click on the Parking icon. More detailed instructions and options are below
- Parking permits are required at all times while parked on College property from 8 am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Parking Permits will not be sold to anyone with outstanding parking tickets! Check your ticket history by signing into the College Portal and click on the Parking icon.
- There are only two classes of parking permits: Blue for parking spots with winter electrical plug in service, and Green for all other parking. Note that all other parking regulations, as outlined in the Parking regulations still apply.
- Parking rates are posted in the Traffic and Parking Regulations, and in the online ordering application.
- Vehicles with more than 2 unpaid outstanding parking tickets are subject to being towed from College parking lots at any time.
Obtaining your Parking Permit
- Sign onto the College Portal with your College login account,and select the Parking icon
- From the Banner Main Menu, select the Parking tab (if not already there), and the New Parking Pass button.
- Choose the type of permit you wish to purchase, provide your vehicle license plate number, and click on the box agreeing to abide by College Parking Regulations.
- Pay for your parking pass with one of the following methods. These options are available as selection buttons at the bottom of the screen. Your receipt will be sent to your College e-mail account
- Online in Banner with your credit card,
- In person at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106).
- Online using Payroll deduction in Banner (for College staff only).
- Pick up your parking pass at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106).
Other Parking Information
Best values. Are you trying to make your parking dollars stretch further? We have a few suggestions:
- Buy for the Long-term: Three Semesters for Less than the Price of Two!
When you buy an annual permit you get three semesters for less than the price of two! That means that you can take advantage of the Fitness Centre all summer long without worrying about parking fees!
- Only on Campus Occasionally? Try a Smart Card!
Smart cards save you more than 30% on the cost of a single day permit. Visit the Bookstore to purchase a 20 entry smart card.
- On Campus for the Day? Day permits are your best value.
For trips to campus of 4 hours or more, a day permit, purchased from the parking kiosk located east of our Golf Links entrance is your best value.
Barrier-free parking on campus. There are barrier-free parking spaces located in most parking lots on campus. To park in a non-metered, barrier-free space, you'll need a green Confederation College parking permit, and either a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
To park at a barrier-free metered parking space, you'll need to have money in the meter, and an MTO Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
Navigating the campus: where can I park?
Green pass holders can park in any green parking lot. Blue pass holders can park in the blue lot and any green lot. There are some reserved parking locations on campus requiring specific passes (Fitness Centre, Child Care Centre, etc) These are outlined in more detail in the Traffic and Parking Regulations.
Yes, we issue parking tickets. Because we expect everyone who shares the use of our parking lots to pay their share, we issue parking tickets to vehicles that are not in compliance with the parking permit and meter requirements of our Traffic and Parking Regulations.
We also issue parking tickets for other reasons. For example, if you park on the lawn, or you park on a pedestrian crosswalk.
Authorized use. Permit-holders are not allowed to re-sell, loan or transfer their permits to anyone else, for any reason. Vehicles with fraudulent parking passes will result in immediate towing from campus.
We're happy to discuss your parking concerns. If you get a parking ticket and you don't understand why you received it, please come in and discuss it with us. We'd be happy to help you solve the problem, so that you don't get another ticket. Our office is in Shuniah Room B106 (Facilities Services).
Towing can be very costly, as you'll need to pay your parking tickets, pay the towing company and then obtain a parking permit in order to continue parking on campus. It's best to come in and discuss your parking tickets with us, rather than ignoring them.