- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Negahneewin College
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tours
- Shuniah Building
- ACE Building
- Campus Map
- Dorion Building
- Fitness Center
- Maps - Building Floor Plans - Thunder Bay Campus
- McIntyre Building
- Sibley Hall Residence
- Programs & Courses
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Community Services
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- Apprenticeship Training
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Academic Support Centre
- Career Services
- Co-operative Education
- Banner Self Serve Application
- College Information System
- Distance Education
- Online Learning
- Independent Courses
- Ombuds Office
- Registration Services
- Student Handbook
- Disability Services & Accommodations
- Testing Centre
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- Academic Services
- In The News
- Contact Us
Parking Rates (2012/2013 Season)
* Only available for Apprentice Students
APPRENTICE STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO APPLY ONLINE. Simply visit Room B106 in the Shuniah Bld to purchase a pass.
To obtain your parking permit:
- Log in into your College Banner account – by going to the website http://banner-ssb.confederationc.on.ca and selecting Enter Secure Area, or logging into the College Portal at http://portal.confederationc.on.ca and selecting Banner SSB Information System
- From the Banner Main Menu, select Parking Pass Order Form.
- Choose the type of permit you wish to purchase, provide your vehicle license plate number, and click on the box agreeing to abide by College Parking Regulations.
- Pay for your parking pass at time of pick up in Facilities Services (Shuniah B106). Passes are ready one business day after application. Alternatively, College staff can complete the attached Payroll deduction form.
RETIREES DO NOT NEED TO APPLY FOR PARKING PERMITS. PLEASE COME TO FACILITIES SERVICES
A few things that you should know about Parking:
Our philosophy All of the costs of operating our parking lots are shared by those who park on our property. We fund everything through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking meter money.
Parking permits and parking meters. When your vehicle displays a current, valid parking permit for the lot in which you are parked, or when you have "money in the meter", you are paying your share of the cost of operating the parking lots.
Best values. Are you trying to make your parking dollars stretch further? We have a few suggestions.
- Walk a Bit Further, Get in Some Exercise and Save!
- Buy for the Long-term: Three Semesters for Less than the Price of Two!
When you buy an annual permit you get three semesters for less than the price of two! That means that you can take advantage of the Fitness Centre all summer long without worrying about parking fees!Only on Campus Occasionally? Try a Smart Card!
Smart cards save you more than 30% on the cost of a single day permit. Visit the Bookstore to purchase a 20 entry smart card.
- On Campus for the Day? Day permits are your best value.
For trips to campus of 4 hours or more, a day permit, purchased from the parking kiosk located east of our Golf Links entrance is your best value.
Our green parking lots are the least expensive on campus. They're located a bit further from the main campus buildings than the blue, orange, brown or yellow lots, but not too far.
Check out the parking lot site plan for locations, and apply on-line beginning August 27, 2012
Barrier-free parking on campus. There are barrier-free parking spaces located in most parking lots on campus.
To park in a non-metered, barrier-free space, you'll need a green Confederation College parking permit, and either a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
(It doesn't matter if the barrier-free space is in a green, orange, yellow, blue, or brown lot, a green permit with a barrier-free pass gives you access to the space.)
To park at a barrier-free metered parking space, you'll need to have money in the meter, and an MTO Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.Navigating campus: where can I park?
Match the colour of your permit to the colour of the lot! Your parking permit is colour-coded to correspond with the colour of the parking lot in which it is valid.
In addition, blue, orange, brown and yellow parking permits allow access to green lots.
Not sure of the colour of the lot in which you are parking? Check the "colour circle" on the lot signs. (Check the parking lot site plan.)
A few words of caution ...
Authorized use. Permit-holders are not allowed to re-sell, loan or transfer their permits to anyone else, for any reason.
And then there's "the fine print".
Yes, we issue parking tickets. Because we expect everyone who shares the use of our parking lots to pay their share, we issue parking tickets to vehicles that don't appear to be in compliance with the parking permit and meter requirements of our Traffic and Parking Regulations.
(We also issue parking tickets for other reasons. For example, if you park on the lawn, or you park on a pedestrian crosswalk.)
We're happy to discuss your parking concerns. If you get a parking ticket and you don't understand why you received it, please come in and discuss it with us. We'd be happy to help you solve the problem, so that you don't get another ticket. Our office is in Shuniah Room B106 (Facilities Services).
In any case, please don't ignore your tickets, as it can get costly.
And, yes, we also tow vehicles. Sometimes folks who receive parking tickets choose to ignore them. In those cases, we do tow vehicles.
(Just a note: towing can be very costly, as you'll need to pay your parking tickets, pay the towing company and then obtain a parking permit in order to continue parking on campus. It's best to come in and discuss your parking tickets with us, rather than ignoring them.)