- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus Maps & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- Winter Intake 2015 programs ...
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Program Home
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Library and Information Technician
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Child and Youth Worker
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Native Child and Family Services
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- GIS Applications Specialist Program
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Dental Care & Administration
- Leadership in Patient Support and Administration
- Nursing Specialization - Critical Care Nursing & Administration
- Critical Care Nursing
- Dental Assisting (Levels I and II)
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Radiation Technology
- Personal Support Worker
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Pre-Technology (Electrical)
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Distance Education
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Winter Academy
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- Apprenticeship Training
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- Banner Self Serve Application
- College Information System
- Co-operative Education
- Continuing Education
- Disability Services & Accommodations
- Distance Education
- Independent Courses
- Ombuds Office
- Registration Services
- Student Handbook
- Student Success Centre
- Tutoring Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- Academic Services
- Media Releases
- Contact Us
Our philosophy All of the costs of operating our parking lots (snow clearing, painting, lighting, repairs,etc.) are shared by those who park on our property. We fund everything through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking meter revenue.
- All vehicles parked on College property require a valid parking permit – either a day pass purchased at an entry dispenser, a longer term permit, or “money in the meter”. Parking permits are required at all times while parked on College property from 8 am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Long term parking permits are ordered and purchased online. Log in to the College Portal and click on the Parking icon. More detailed instructions and options are below
- Parking Permits will not be sold to anyone with outstanding parking tickets! Check your ticket history by signing into the College Portal and click on the Parking icon.
- There are only two classes of parking permits: Blue for parking spots with winter electrical plug in service, and Green for all other parking. Note that all other parking regulations, as outlined in the Parking regulations still apply.
- Parking rates are posted in the Traffic and Parking Regulations, and in the online ordering application.
- Vehicles with more than 2 unpaid outstanding parking tickets are subject to being towed from College parking lots at any time.
What's New 2014-2015
- 2014-2015 long term permit sales open August 5, 2014
- 2014-2015 permits are expected to be available for pick up as of August 25, 2014
- The price for long term parking permits for 2014-2015 will remain at 2013-2014 levels until August 29. After that date annual permits increase by $10, semester permits by $5. Pay for your permit on line by August 29 to get the lower rate!
Obtaining your Parking Permit
- Sign onto the College Portal with your College login account,and select the Parking icon
- From the Banner Main Menu, select the Parking tab (if not already there), and the New Parking Pass button.
- Choose the type of permit you wish to purchase, provide your vehicle license plate number, and click on the box agreeing to abide by College Parking Regulations.
- Pay for your parking pass with one of the following methods. These options are available as selection buttons at the bottom of the screen. Your receipt will be sent to your College e-mail account
- Online in Banner with your credit card,
- In person at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106).
- Online using Payroll deduction in Banner (for College staff only).
- Special permit locations are in effect during Orientation activities. Note that at these special locations, only prepaid and online credit card payment option are available! You must visit the Facilities Services counter to pay with any other method.
- Monday August 25th – ACE 2nd Floor Room 204 - 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday August 30th - Paterson Library Commons 2nd floor entrance - 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday September 2nd – REACH Atrium – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Wednesday September 3rd – REACH Atrium – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Pick up your parking pass at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106) during all other times.
Other Parking Information
Best values. Are you trying to make your parking dollars stretch further? We have a few suggestions:
- Buy for the Long-term: Three Semesters for Less than the Price of Two!
When you buy an annual permit you get three semesters for less than the price of two! That means that you can take advantage of the Fitness Centre all summer long without worrying about parking fees!
- Only on Campus Occasionally? Try a Smart Card!
Smart cards save you more than 30% on the cost of a single day permit. Visit the Bookstore to purchase a 20 entry smart card.
- On Campus for the Day? Day permits are your best value.
For trips to campus of 4 hours or more, a day permit, purchased from the parking kiosk located east of our Golf Links entrance is your best value.
Barrier-free parking on campus. There are barrier-free parking spaces located in most parking lots on campus. To park in a non-metered, barrier-free space, you'll need a green Confederation College parking permit, and either a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
To park at a barrier-free metered parking space, you'll need to have money in the meter, and an MTO Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
Navigating the campus: where can I park?
Green pass holders can park in any green parking lot. Blue pass holders can park in the blue lot and any green lot. There are some reserved parking locations on campus requiring specific passes (Fitness Centre, Child Care Centre, etc) These are outlined in more detail in the Traffic and Parking Regulations.
Yes, we issue parking tickets. Because we expect everyone who shares the use of our parking lots to pay their share, we issue parking tickets to vehicles that are not in compliance with the parking permit and meter requirements of our Traffic and Parking Regulations.
We also issue parking tickets for other reasons. For example, if you park on the lawn, or you park on a pedestrian crosswalk.
Authorized use. Permit-holders are not allowed to re-sell, loan or transfer their permits to anyone else, for any reason. Vehicles with fraudulent parking passes will result in immediate towing from campus.
We're happy to discuss your parking concerns. If you get a parking ticket and you don't understand why you received it, please come in and discuss it with us. We'd be happy to help you solve the problem, so that you don't get another ticket. Our office is in Shuniah Room B106 (Facilities Services).
Towing can be very costly, as you'll need to pay your parking tickets, pay the towing company and then obtain a parking permit in order to continue parking on campus. It's best to come in and discuss your parking tickets with us, rather than ignoring them.