- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- GIS Applications Specialist & Cartographic Specialist Programs
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Engineering Business and Safety Management
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Construction Techniques
- Mechanical Techniques
- Motive Power Techniques - Automotive
- Motive Power Techniques - Heavy Equipment
- Power Engineering Technician
- Welding Techniques
- APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship
- General Carpenter Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Instrumentation Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
- Roofer Apprenticeship
- Truck and Coach Technician Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Cook Apprenticeship
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- Fall Academy
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
- Which programs are still accepting applications?
- I have a degree. Do I get anything for that?
- I completed my first year and am coming back in September for my second year. I haven’t received anything in the mail. Do I have to apply again or do anything else?
- Where would I find a book list for my program?
- How much is my tuition?
- When are my tuition fees due?
- What are my payment options?
- Besides tuition and compulsory fees, are there other costs for my program?
- Where do I get the Student Medical Form I am supposed to provide?
- How do I get the Police Records Check that I am being asked for?
- How come I can’t register for my classes?
- What and when is orientation?
- How do I withdraw from a course?
- How do I withdraw form a program?
- How do I obtain my college transcript?
- How do I obtain a copy of my diploma?
- Where to get confirmation of enrollment?
- How do I get my T2202A?
- How do I get course outline (Syllabus) for previous years?
- As a full time student why do I have to pay course overload fees and if I drop a course why don’t I get my money back for that course?
- Where do we pay for parking and parking tickets?
- How do I audit a course?
- How do I get back into my program if I left for more than a semester?
- I want to take another program (not sure what) – what should I do?
- What do I do if I am on Academic Probation?
Please check the status of your program here http://www.confederationc.on.ca/admissions/program-status
At Confederation College we recognize the effort that you have already put into post-secondary education and endeavour to make your transition as easy as possible anyone who has graduated with an Ontario college or university recognized degree or diploma from another institution will automatically receive credit for our standard communications (English) course, as well as one General Education Elective (GE) credit. You can also choose to follow our Transfer Credit policy to see if there are any other courses in your new program that you can receive credit for. You will find our Transfer Credit policy at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/admissions/transfercredits
You are not required to apply to OCAS or to the college again if you are simply continuing on from last year in the same program. We have sent out an email offer to your college email account. Please make certain that you are checking your college email account regularly as most communications from the college these days go there. If you are having issues with logging into your email account, please contact the computer help desk at (807) 475-6488, or by email at email@example.com
Booklists are provided by the program coordinator and sent to the college bookstore, Follett. You can reach Follett bookstore at (807) 475-6225, or check out their website for information at Follett Bookstore. If the bookstore does not have an updated booklist for your program it will not be available until the program coordinators return in mid to late August.
You can find tuition information at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/registration/tuition
To guarantee your spot in the program you need to arrange your finances before the due date. First year students will find their due date indicated on their offer of admission. For all students returning to second or third years your tuition due date is mid-July 2014.
If you are entering into your first year and are unsure of your due date please contact our admissions office at (807) 475-6213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Confederation College makes several options for payment available to you. Go to Payment Options for all the details.
Other program related costs may include certification costs, tools, uniforms, etc. For information specific to your program please see the college calendar online at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/programs or contact your program coordinator. Coordinator contact information can be found at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/contact/directory/coordinators
Other potential costs of attending college may include books, student supplies, living costs, transportation, etc.
The Student Medical Form can be found on the Health Centre website at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/healthcentre
You can apply for a Police Records Checks at your local Police, OPP or RCMP station. Changes in policy by the RCMP have created issues for those students whose programs require the Vulnerable Persons check or the OESC card. For those students living in Thunder Bay, please ensure that you go to the Thunder Bay Police as they are able to provide you with everything you need with no extra steps. If you are in an area where you are required to have a form filled out by the college, please see your program coordinator.
Registration for classes will begin July 14/14. For information on how to register go to How To Register for Classes
For login issues please contact the computer helpdesk at (807) 475-6488 or by email at email@example.com
For issues within the Post-Secondary Web Registration process please contact Registration Services at (807) 475-6265 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation is the time set aside for meeting with your program coordinator and fellow students for the first time. You will be given an overview of what to expect from the year, and what is expected of you. The orientation day barbecue is always a highlight of the day. Check out the Orientation website.
You must meet with the program coordinator to have a drop form completed and signed by yourself and your coordinator. You will then be required to bring a copy of the signed drop form to the Registrar's office for processing.
Note: Withdrawal from course can seriously affect the following
Student loan eligibility
Future semester subject eligibility
Full-time program status
Fieldwork and co-op work term eligibility
Meet with the program coordinator/designate or Student Services to attempt to resolve any problems in order to continue in the program. If resolution cannot be achieved, a formal withdrawal form will be completed by the student and signed and dated by the coordinator or Student Services. The signed triplicate withdrawal form is then distributed to: Student (pink); Program Coordinator (yellow); Registrar's Office (blue).
Students at regional campuses must complete the withdrawal form and submit it to the campus director who will then forward the form to the Registrar's Office.
For full-time students registered in courses delivered by Distance Education or alternate modes of delivery, a letter /email to the Registrar's Office notifying the college of withdrawal will be deemed a suitable substitute for the withdrawal process. The official date of withdrawal will be considered as the date the letter was postmarked / email was sent.
To withdraw officially from any program without academic penalty, a student must complete the withdrawal form prior to November 15th (fall), March 15th (winter), June 15th (spring) or by specified dates as published in the Academic Calendar of Events.
Confederation College transcript request can all be done online through this web form: http://www.confederationc.on.ca/transcript-request-form
Simply fill out the form and click submit.
Go to http://www.confederationc.on.ca/registration click on re order certificate or diploma form. Submit a completed form to the Registrar's Office. Completed forms can be brought in person to the Registrar's Office, faxed to 807.473.3731 or mailed to
1450 Nakina Drive, PO Box 398
Thunder Bay, ON P7C 4W1
Log on to Self Serve Banner go to Student Services click on Student Records and then on Registration Letters.
Log onto Self Serve Banner. Go to Student Services then Canadian Tax forms. Click on T2202A tax credit form and print.
These are kept in each individual Academic School you must contact them for the outlines. There may be a fee.
Over load fees are adjusted to your account when the number of hours exceeds your program set hours. You are considered a full time student as long as your hours add up to 157 for the term you are enrolled in. The only time you would be refunded for a course would be if you are paying part-time fees or withdrawing from a program within the first ten days of the start date (this does not include continuing education courses).
These can be paid for in the Facility Services office.
You must get permission from the professor of that course. You must fill out and sign an audit form along with the professors signature; bring to the Registrar’s Office where they will officially change your course to an audit course.
You must fill out an application for re-admittance and submit to the Registrar's Office. There is a $30 dollar fee. The application can be found at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/registration.
If you are looking for direction as to what program or courses you should take to further your education, please contact the Information Hub to make an appointment with an advisor. You can contact the Information Hub at 475-6110 or by email at email@example.com
Academic Probation means that you have attained a grade point average (GPA) of 1.25 or less in the previous semester. Once placed on academic probation you are ineligible to continue in your program until you meet with your program coordinator to develop and sign a probationary contract. This contract will identify a course of action to support your academic success.
For coordinator contact information please click the link below: