- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
The Staff Rec Association of Confederation College provides a wide variety of fun, inclusive, social activities and fellowship opportunities in an environment which fosters morale, relationship building and a sense of community for members and their families.
The Staff Rec Association of Confederation College:
- Offers memberships to any college or affiliated employee
- Is open to everyone - non-members are welcome to attend for a fee
- Extends a lifetime membership to Confederation College retirees
- Aims to provide low cost events
- Provides a full calendar of events with something for everyone
Membership - Full-Time Employees
Employees may join by completing the Staff Rec Association Membership Form and paying a fee of $2.00 per pay period (minimum of 26 per year) through payroll deduction or by direct payment.
Membership - Part-Time and Contract Employees
Part-time and contract employees may join by having the $52.00 yearly fee divided by the number of pay periods allocated on their employee contract. (Contact Kim Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org in Human Resources for more information).
The membership year runs from September 1 - August 31. Contract employees can continue to attend Staff Rec events even after their contract has expired. For example: If your contract started September 1 and ended December 24, you would still be able to attend up until August 31 as you would have already paid for the membership over the course of your contract.
Membership - Employees of Contract Service Providers
Employees of contract service providers (Sodexo, Follett, Campus Living Centres, Koprash etc) may join by paying a single payment of $52.00 per year. Payments can be made in the Human Resources department.
The College Payroll department will provide a list of names of paid members to the Staff Rec Association Executive.
All activities, unless otherwise specified, are open to members, family/friends and all staff, however only Staff Rec Association members will be offered a reduced participation cost. Some events may be limited to only Staff Rec Association Members due to number restrictions.
Events requiring Association Members to pay a small additional fee means that you are receiving a discounted rate from the original ticket price as we cannot always cover the full cost of a ticket. For example: A ticket for a spaghetti dinner costing $15.00 would be offered to Association Members for $5.00 with the additional $10.00 being covered by the Staff Rec Association.
All events require sign-up which can be completed at the HUB. Members who pick-up a ticket but cannot attend must return their ticket prior to the stated cut-off time.
Food substitutions must be made prior to an event directly with that events food service provider by the member requesting the change.
Please be advised that photo's may be taken at events. Photo's will strictly be used on Staff News and the Staff Rec web page for archive and promotional use only.
If you have signed up for a Staff Rec event and realize afterwards you are not able to attend, please return your ticket to the Information Hub at least 24 hours prior to the event. This will allow for anyone on a wait list the opportunity to attend. It will also ensure the appropriate amount of food is ordered and that the Staff Rec Association will not be allocating additional dollars to persons who are not in attendance. In cases where an additional fee was charged, your money will be fully refunded if tickets are returned before the cut-off date.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or feedback for the Staff Rec Committee, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com