Confederation College is committed to preserving, maintaining and living with the environment that naturally surrounds its campus The campus of Confederation College has taken large steps to increasing sustainability. There are several features on campus that showcase the College’s commitment to sustainable practices. Guided by the Campus Environmental Action Plan, the College is continually moving forward with new ideas and projects that will increase the environmental performance of the campus and its daily operations. New features are popping up all the time that help the environment! From the Biomass Learning and Research Centre to the Water Bottle Refill Stations there are many sustainable features and practices to discover at Confederation College.
Keep up to date with events on campus and around Thunder Bay by checking out the College Calendar!
10 Ways to Help the Environment at Confederation College
- Recycle - Use the multiple recycling bins located around campus.
- Go Reusable - 1200 disposable cups are used on campus, daily. Save money by filling your reusable mug.
- Double Sided Printing - Cut the amount of paper you use in half by printing on both sides.
- Rethink Lunches - Pack waste free lunches and purchase local foods whenever possible.
- Butt Out - Place extinguished butts into ash trays or butt waste receptacles.
- Transportation - Lower carbon emissions by car pooling, utilizing city transit, walking or riding a bike.
- Leaky Taps and Toilets - Turn all faucets off after use and report leaky toilets.
- Turn it Off - Turn out the lights if you’re the last one to leave the room.
- Don’t Idle - Turn your car off to prevent idling while waiting.
- Spread the Word - Lead by example and make sustainable practices a part of your routine.